Monday, May 14, 2007

Do You Really Want to Hear About My Ankle?

Nah. I don't want to hear about my ankle either. Maybe I'll write about it tomorrow. Physical therapy. Exercises. Crutches. Blah. Blah. Blah. BLAH!

Today I had to drive around town for work, which was painful, but I didn't care because I discovered my new all-time favorite song [of the week]. I played it over and over and over today. This song just made my day: "Here At the Right Time" by Josh Ritter. It is so beautiful. Ritter sings this gentle little sad little with only a piano. I am so in love with this song. And it's only the first song on the record! I might explode if I listen to any other songs on the record. Sad songs make me so happy.

UPDATE: I did explode. I exploded in dance (on one foot). "Lillian, Egypt." Holy crap!!! That song is great. I got up out of my polka-dotted chair and danced. Well, I did this big ugly one-legged dance that involved me yanking my torso around and wildly pointing in the air with my thumbs. It wasn't very pretty, but it felt great. His voice reminds me of Grandpa Jones in this song. It is the best jangly dance song ever!!! I've gotta go dance again.

No comments: