Monday, April 9, 2007

I'm Blue Every Monday Thinking Over Sunday

Today was a super-duper, extremely crappy day at work. I seemed to unintentionally piss off almost everyone who walked into my office. That really stinks. On top of that, I got absolutely nothing done. It was an overly frustrating day and it's only Monday!

Today's only saving grace was Ronnie Lane. Both Bill and Sara have recently played some Ronnie Lane for me and I loved his music. I didn't think I knew who he was, but Bill and Sara each reminded me that he was a member of the Small Faces and the Faces, bands that I love.

My obsession of the weekend has been Ronnie Lane's Slim Chance's "Roll On Babe." It is so beautiful. Wow. I get completely lost in a daydream listening to the guitars in that song. I played that song over and over in the car on the way to Burlington on Sunday. After work today, I had to drive to Chapel Hill to meet a client and "Roll On Babe" made everything all better. Well, playing it 5 times on the way to Chapel Hill and then again on the way back completely cancelled out the rough day at work.

I think I'll take my Ronnie Lane CD to work tomorrow and play it in my office. Maybe his music will help things run more smoothly tomorrow.

No comments: