Saturday, September 1, 2007

Radio Show, Friday August 31st 8-10AM

The Reflections - Just Like Romeo and Juliet
Dwight Yoakam - Free To Go
Patsy Cline - Back In Baby's Arms
Django Reinhardt - Embraceable You
Harry Nilsson - Moonbeam Song
Ivy - I Get the Message
Little Name - I Always See the Sun Rise
The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Pearl Bailey - Frankie and Johnny
Linda Thompson - Versatile Heart
Sun Kil Moon - Neverending Math Equation
Love - Always See Your Face
Chris Isaak - Two Hearts

When I was pulling music from the library on Friday, I went to get the Summertime Gold box set, thinking that I would find something good and summery to play. As soon as I saw the words "Romeo and Juliet," that Reflections' song got stuck in my head. It's still stuck now. What will make it stop?

I also discovered a new band, Little Name, who play sugar sweet pop along the lines of Belle and Sebastian. I really like it. If you're into that sort of thing, call up WXYC and request it. Or listen on their MySpace page or on the band's website.

My entire playlist can be found here.

So, that was yesterday.

Today, I feel like I could kick someone in the shins. Stay outta my way and don't ask.

No comments: