Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Ankle Freedom

I went to the physical therapist today. It was a great visit! I have graduated!!! I still have a way to go in my recovery, but it's just exercises that I need to do on my own. I have to remember to do them! But I have removed the ankle splint! Right now, I have on shorts for the first time this summer. It feels great! I even tried on some non-sneaker shoes to wear with my shorts, but I am not ready for that yet. My calf without a splint is such a wonderful site.




And the most exciting thing is that I can go biking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to stick to flat, paved surfaces (like the American Tobacco Trail) and I have to keep it short and easy, but hot damn! I can ride a bike! And I can start a little bit of light walking, too. I am so excited to get out of this damn green polka-dotted chair!

1 comment:

christa said...

CONGRATULATIONS, CHARLOTTE!!!

that's the best news EVER!