Thursday, February 8, 2007

New Records

I love buying music. I buy enough that I even track it as a separate item in Quicken. (Geek! Geek!) Last night I really wanted to find that Vetiver record, so Chris and I stopped in Bull City Records after dinner and margaritas on Ninth Street. Perhaps under the influence of a teeny bit too much alcohol, I bought:

CDs:
The Shins - Wincing the Night Away
Joanna Newsom - Ys

Vinyl:
Fleetwood Mac - Mystery To Me (pre-Buckingham/Nicks)
Marshall Tucker Band - Long Hard Ride (featuring a guest appearance by Charlie Daniels)
Flip Wilson - Cowboys & Colored People
Christopher Cross - Self-Titled
Fetchin' Bones - Monster
Little River Band - Self-Titled from 1975

My friend, Bill, whose musical tastes are very similar to mine, told me that the new Shins CD is really good and is already on his top ten list for 2007. So, I had to buy it. And everybody's talking about Joanna Newsom. So, I had to try that one, too. But then I went crazy with the records. I had to whittle down my stack of ten LPS to a more manageable six.

Chaz talked me out of the Charlie Daniels Band record. Is Charlie Daniels really that bad? Is my newly developing obsession with Southern/Country rock something that I should keep to myself? Nah.

I'm still waiting on my Donovan Catch the Wind record and my Say Anything DVD. The bozo that I ordered it from through Amazon never mailed them and won't respond to my emails!!! Jerk. So, my obsession with Donovan has been put on hold for the time being.

No comments: