Thursday, February 22, 2007

Jump In the Line!

Ok. It's now 2:45 and my parents and my brother will be here in less than an hour and I am still not packed for Miami. All I can think about right now is having a margarita and a quesadilla at Cosmic Cantina and I have Harry Belafonte's "Jump In the Line" running through my head. Packing for this trip has been a pain in the ass. Last night, I felt like a 15-year old girl having a temper tantrum: "I hate this outfit! This doesn't fit! I can't wear this! AACK!" I rarely get like this... but I never go to black tie weddings. The rehearsal dinner is going to be at some big yacht club!

I am excited about spending time with my family in Miami as I didn't get to see them that much over Christmas. And I am excited about the 80 degree weather! I am bringing my flip-flops. The family time and the weather will make up for the cocktail attire that I will have to endure throughout the weekend.

Forget packing. I have enough stuff in that suitcase. I am going for the margarita. I'll have to listen to Harry Belafonte in the car.

No comments: