Thursday, January 25, 2007

Is That Pearl Bailey In That Cubicle?


Last Sunday, I was over at Christa's house and I was watching an episode of the Muppet Show featuring Pearl Bailey. It was great! She did this amazing duet with Floyd of "In the Good Old Summertime." I swooned.

Pearl Bailey is played fairly regularly on my radio show. Her voice has this sultry slur that is sometimes comical but always sexy. My favorite song of hers is one called "Tired" in which she says she "needs to go to one of them fancy doctors" for some "psychiatricks." That just makes me laugh. I even played that song last Friday.

Anyway, there is a woman in my office who sounds JUST LIKE PEARL BAILEY. Every time I hear her say something from across the office, I find myself waiting to see if she is going to break out into song. With muppets.

Maybe I need some pychiatricks.

No comments: