Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Moonbeams and Weird Dreams

Last night, I woke up at 3:45am. I was fully awake and trying desperately to get back to sleep. But then I looked around and noticed that I was sleeping in a moonbeam. I woke just at the right time for the couple of minutes that the full moon moonbeams made it through the trees and were shining on me. I quickly made a wish and sang the moonbeam song. I sure hope my wish comes true. It was a good one.

I fell back to sleep only to have really wacky dreams. At one point, I dreamt that I was at a friend's house which happened to be a few blocks from the Rich and Thompson Funeral Home in Burlington. This friend doesn't actually live in Burlington, but he did in my dream. I was at his house getting ready for a cocktail party at the funeral home. I put on my cocktail dress and heels and grabbed my transportation: a hula hoop. I remember other people arriving at the party in cars and on motorcycles, but I arrived by hula-hooping down the sidewalk. I remember being out-of-breath when I arrived, but thinking that I was cooler than everyone else.

No comments: