Monday, August 27, 2007

Radio Show, Tuesday August 21 6-9PM

Papercuts - Just Another Things To Dust
Flatlanders - Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown
Petula Clark - Downtown
Golden Smog & Roseanne Cash - Seven Year Ache
Orange Peels - Back In San Francisco
Richard Hawley - I'm Looking for Someone To Find Me
Nick Gilder - Hot Child In the City
Rosalie Allen - Wide Rolling Plains
Mickey & Sylvia- Love Will Make You Fail In School
Tex Williams & Texas Caravan - Won't You Ride In My Little Red Wagon
Congress-Woman Malinda Jackson Parker - Cousin Mosquito #1
Kate Bush - This Woman's Work
Magnetic Fields - All My Little Words
Albert Hammond - It Never Rains in Southern California
Josh Ritter - Right Moves
The Flamingos - I Only Have Eyes For You
Yma Sumac - Wimoweh

Last Tuesday after this radio show, I went to see Un Duex Trois, the Papercuts and Ladybug Transistor at Local 506. I absolutely loved the Papercuts. I like their record alot. I played songs by them and by Ladybug Transistor trying to plug the show, but there were still only around 40 people at that show.

Over the past month or so, I have searched the library for the Flatlanders CD, with no luck. But last Tuesday, I found it and played "Tonight I Think I'm Gonna Go Downtown." Naturally, I had to follow it with Petula Clark's "Downtown," which I think only Craven heard all the way out in Oakland, California.

I think that the High Dollar Hot Dogs have officially adopted "Seven Year Ache" into our repertoire. I hope so. I am so addicted to that song. I need to learn more about Roseanne Cash. That song is so great (especially the Golden Smog/Roseanne Cash version) and Elizabeth sings it so heavenly.

The HDHDs finally have a CD of some of our songs. I think it is difficult to listen to, but Ted thinks it is great. I love being in a ukulele band. I think that everyone should be in a ukulele band.

So, only my closest friends know of my obsession with 1980s teenage angst movies... especially ones with John Cusack. Better Off Dead is my favorite movie ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. I want my two dollars. Say Anything is a close second. I think that if John Cusack were to woo me with a boom box over his head, he needn't play any Peter Gabriel. I think that my boom box woo song would be "I Only Have Eyes For You" by the Flamingos. Dreamy.

My entire playlist can be found here.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

I just recently found out that the French exchange student from Better Off Dead was on of the princesses in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.


--GG