Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lady's Bridge Released Today

Richard Hawley's Lady's Bridge is now available stateside. Run. Don't walk. Get it today.

Hey, look! There's Renee Weaver!!!



And this acoustic version of "Tonight The Streets Are Ours" just makes me weak in the knees:



My obsession with Richard Hawley just won't go away. WXYC got a copy of Lady's Bridge. So, be sure to call and request it on the radio. I doubt that it will make rotation, but it should. It's my number one record of 2007.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

Two things: 1) So who is Renee Weaver? And should I feel pop culture illiterate for not knowing that already? 2) I watched the first vid, and liked the song very much. I can see why you like it--poppy, sunny, but not treacly. It is happy music.

Charlotte said...

You have met Renee Weaver, but you probably forgot her name. She is my roommate. Here is her picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/misscharo/1506356756/

She plays ukulele, but she sucks. She is not in the band, but she'd like to be.

I'd love to get you hooked on Richard Hawley. Let me know if you'd like to come over and have a Richard Hawley night... I have a bottle of champagne in the fridge with your name on it.

Charlotte said...

I am happy that Renee is in a Richard Hawley video.

Maybe she could go join him on his US tour in December and play her uke, now that she is tight with him and all.

I never noticed that she had left the house to film this video!