Sunday, November 18, 2007

Radio Show Friday, November 16 8-10AM

Astrud Gilberto - Beginnings
The Brothers Dimm - To Oblivion
Keren Ann - Between the Flatland and the Caspian Sea
Clare & the Reasons - Track 1
Arizona - Midday Midnight
The Silver Seas - The Country Life
Ikettes - Doo Ron Ron
The Coasters - Yakety Yak
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Gone, Gone, Gone
Loudon Wainwright III - Valley Morning
Clyde McPhatter - Come What May
Everly Brothers - Kansas City
Magic Apron - Tender Ghosts
The Bird and the Bee - How Deep Is Your Love

At the beginning of my show, a woman wandered into the station because she loved the song that I was playing, "Beginnings" by Astrud Gilberto. She looked about my age and was in a professorish-looking suit. She said, "This is a Chicago song. It is music of my generation." She then asked if I was studying djing in school. I can't decide if it is cool or depressing that this woman close to my age thought I was a 20-year old college student. She then asked, "What kind of music do you normally play on your radio show?" (As if I don't listen to Astrud Gilberto on a regular basis.)

I played mostly stuff out of the new CD bin and there were some great things in there this week! The Brothers Dimm, Clare & the Reasons, The Silver Seas, Arizona... I hadn't heard of any of these bands, but I loved what I heard. I really liked the Clare & the Reason's track.... great indie pop with her beautiful voice and nice harmonies.

My entire playlist can be found here.

No comments: