Monday, November 12, 2007

Musical Horrorscope

Sammy Davis, Jr. - Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
Robert Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders - Sing Song Girl
Tom Waits - Come On Up To the House
Donovan - Riding In My Car
Billy Stewart - I Do Love You

I haven't gotten my musical horrorscope in awhile. I can't really read too much into this, except for maybe the first song.

I have my last board presentation tomorrow afternoon. I have only 6 more weeks at my current job! I am very excited about the change. At my new job, I'll have the joy to work around music, while still crunching numbers. It is so exciting and I am extremely happy. So, when that first song came up on the Ipod, I thought about my board presentation and telling the board goodbye and then jumping on the conference table and in my best Sammy Davis, Jr. voice, singing:

"You go your way, I'll go mine.
It's best that we do.
Here's a kiss - I hope that this
Brings lots of luck to you.

Makes no difference how I carry on.
Please don't talk about me when I'm gone."


In all likelihood, I won't do this, as our board is comprised of a bunch of really nice folks and the words of that song are a bit harsh. But that certainly would make my presentation less boring.

No comments: