Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Radio Show, Tuesday June 26 6-9PM

Loney, Dear - Hard Days 1,2,3,4
Patience & Prudence - Tonight You Belong To Me
Galaxy 500 - Blue Thunder
Tom Waits - Old Shoes (& Picture Postcards)
The Smiths - Well I Wonder
Les Chauds Lapins - Vous Etes Jolie
Curve - Horror Head
The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
Rod Rogers with the "Swinging" Strings - Little Rug Bug
Bob Dylan - The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest
Lil Johnson - Sam-The Hot Dog Man
Coon Creek Girls - Banjo Pickin' Girl
Nancy Sinatra - Jackson
Louis Armstrong - Sunny Side of the Street

I have been so stressed out with various obligations (especially work) that I have just been in an overwhelmingly crappy mood for the past few days. Last night's show felt slapped together and didn't flow well. But I really didn't really care As soon as Bill walked in, I barked at him and he pretty much avoided me for the rest of my show.

But I did play another song of the Loney, Dear album which I liked. I think it's time for me to go get that one. I'm sold on them.

I also enjoyed Nancy Sinatra's take on "Jackson," but who was that singing with her? Was it Lee Hazelwood? The liner notes didn't say. We have several Nancy Sinatra albums at the station and I think I'd like to explore them. I am all too familiar with "These Boots Are Made for Walking" but I don't know anything else about her work. Lee Hazelwood, too. Who are these people?

And I am finally getting a gradual lesson on Bob Dylan. I am completely enamored with his John Wesley Harding album, especially "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest." I listened to that song several times on my way to ukulele practice on Saturday. It is really wonderful.

The entire playlist can be found here.

No comments: