Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Honeymoon Is Over

So, today was my sixth day at my new job. I kinda drifted last week... I had to wait for my shiny new laptop to arrive and then get that set up. I shopped for office supplies. I read their 2006 tax return. I brought in some extra artwork from home to hang on the walls. I sent out some emails. I piddled around on the files on the server and in the accounting data file. Easy as pie.

But things changed this week. I am finally getting a idea of what my job is going to be. And I am a little scared. It's a whole lotta work. More than I thought. I am going to have to make some system changes here that I know it is going to make me into the bad guy at work. And that stinks. Sigh.


In any case, I love the robot on the wall in my office.

And I loaded my work laptop with all my Richard Hawley music. Yay!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Reading the 2006 tax return: woo hoo!!!

Brining in decorations from home: one of the best things about starting a new job.

System changes; being the baddie: Few people like change. But then, in a year when things are running sooo much better, they'll thing you're a genius (or, forget that things were ever any different...).


--GG